Longstreet's Corps is one of the
oldest umbrella organizations of Confederate reenactors in the Eastern
Theater. Made up of 49 local units, we encompass all branches of service
including artillery, cavalry, infantry, and naval organizations.
Longstreet's Corps accepts only established military organizations as members.
New and probationary units are voted upon only at the annual meeting. The following steps need to be accomplished to petition for membership:
1. Make contact with the Corps Adjutant who willbe able to answer any questions you may have.
2. Submit a letter of intent to join Longstreet's Corps, no later than December 31, so as to be added to the following years meeting agenda. Send your letter to the Corps Adjutant
3. Have an existing member unit (preferrably of your branch) sponsor your membership.
4. Submit a copy of your organizations bylaws and a complete member roster.
5. Send a representative to the annual meeting.
Once you have been accepted as probationary members you will have the opportunity to attend events with the Corps. During this time, we encourage you to introduce yourselves to as many Corps members as possible and get to know us.
Probationary units do not pay dues but are responsible for paying thier share of the liability insurance policy.
At the next annual meeting, probationary units can either choose not to join, be voted an additional probationary period, or be accepted as full members.